Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Jailhouse Rock Quilt - Finished


Jailhouse Rock

After designing this piece using my paper mock up. It went through a couple of variations. I like the piece it's simple, easy and clean.

After I put the long colored stripes together I couldn't decide what background fabric to use so I tested it on a black and white print.


I didn't like how the color of the blocks seemed to fade into the fabric. So I ran out to the quilt store and purchased a white on white print. This was a much better choice as the colors seem to really punch with the clean white.

Here it is with the white on white background.

I had fabric left over so I decided to have a little fun with the backing instead of just using one color.

Back of quilt.


Jailhouse Rock Front 53" x 54"

1 comment:

  1. I really like how this turned out. Can't wait to see the next in the series.

    ReplyDelete